Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste PickupFee:
The cost of trash, recycling and yard waste pickup is included in your homeowners dues, which are paid annually.Provider:
Our contractor WCA, a GFL company, provides the containers for trash and yard waste. If your containers are damaged, contact WCA at 816-380-5595 for replacement containers.Trash and Recycling Weekly Pickup:
- Trash pickup day is Tuesday.
- The only observed holidays are Christmas and New Year's Day. If these fall on a Tuesday, your trash pickup will be delayed one day.
- Trash and recycling items must be placed in containers provided by WCA. If you need an extra container you may contact WCA at 816-380-5595. (Any additional fees will be billed directly to homeowner.)
- Stickers for trash bags that exceed the limit of the container are available for purchase from Hen House Market at 11721 Roe Ave OR Hen House Market at 6900 W. 135th Street.
- There is no limit on the amount of recycle material placed at the curb weekly.
- Cardboard boxes should be broken down into a manageable size.
- Containers should be placed at the curb no earlier than 24 hours in advance and no later than 6:30AM on the day of pickup with wheels to the rear.
- Per the city of Overland Park:
- Trash containers must be hidden from view of the street and neighboring properties on non-pickup days. Containers must be placed on the side of the house or in an enclosed structure.
- Trash, recycling, and yard waste should be placed at the curb, not in the street or on the sidewalk, the morning of collection day.
- Construction material placed in trash containers will not be picked up.
Compost Connections is the yard waste hauler subcontracted by WCA.
Other Recycling and Donations:Other Waste Items:
- Yard waste is limited to 20 bags throughout the entire year.
- Yard waste is collected throughout the year on trash day with no breaks in service.
- Yard waste must be placed in paper bags only. (Yard waste placed in rigid containers or plastic bags will not be picked up).
- Branches and tree limbs must be bundled in lengths of no longer than 4' and a diameter of 18" with branches no larger than 2" in diameter.
- Yard waste placement should be separated from your trash/recycle containers in your driveway.
- Bulk item pickup is available once a month for individual homeowners. Contact WCA at 816-380-5595 for further information and to schedule a bulk item pickup.
- Glass is not picked up by WCA. Options include Ripple Glass or the Overland Park Recycling Center.
- Johnson County residents can drop off household hazardous waste by appointment at the County’s disposal facility. Make an appointment online or call 913-715-6900.
Questions regarding trash, recycling or yard waste should be directed to Steve Parker, Property Manager, (913-375-2261), E-Mail: email@example.com