The cost of disposal of trash/recycle and yard waste items is included in your homeowners dues which are paid annually.
Our contractor Waste Corp. of America (WCA)(Formerly Town & Country) provides the containers for trash and yard waste. If your containers are damaged you may contact WCA at (816-380-5595) for replacement containers.
Our trash pickup day is Tuesday. (If Christmas or New Year's falls on a Tuesday your trash pickup will be delayed one day.) During the months of January thru March, yard waste is only picked up on the 2nd Tuesday of each of these months.
Trash and Recycle:
- All trash and recycle items must be placed in containers provided by WCA. Should you need an extra container you may contact WCA at the above phone number. (Additional fees apply billed directly to homeowner.)
- Stickers for trash bags that exceed the limit of the container are available for purchase from Hen House Market at 11721 Roe Ave, Leawood or Hen House Market at 6900 W. 135 Street, Overland Park.
- There is no limit on the amount of recycle material placed at the curb weekly.
- Cardboard boxes should be broken down and consolidated into fewer boxes.
- Trash and recycle containers are to be placed at the curb no earlier than 24 hours in advance and not later than 6:30AM on day of pickup with wheels to the rear.
- Construction material placed in trash containers will not be picked up.
Compost Connections is the yard waste hauler subcontracted by WCA.
- Yard waste must be placed in paper bags or rigid containers not larger than 32 gallons. (NO LIDS)(PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP).
- Branches and tree limbs are to be bundled in lengths of no longer than 4' and a diameter of 18". Branches no larger than 2" in diameter.
- Yard waste is unlimited throughout the year (Only restriction is once a month pickup (second Tuesday) January thru March).
- Separate your yard waste location from your trash/recycle containers in your driveway.
Bulk pickup is available once a month for individual homeowners. Contact WCA at the above number for further information on bulk pickup. Glass:
Glass is not picked up by WCA.
- Ripple glass dumpsters are located at the Price Chopper at 11700 W. 135th Street or the Hen House at 6900 W. 135th Street. These are strictly for food/liquid glass containers.
- The Overland Park recycling center located at 11921 Hardy (behind the fire station on 119th Street) is available for resident usage at no fee. A variety of items may be dropped off at this location. Go to Overland Park's website (opkansas.org), click on Resident Resources, then Trash/Recycling, then Recycling Center at left side of page for more information.
- Questions regarding trash/recycle/yard waste should be directed to Steve Parker, Property Manager, (913-375-2261), E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org